First off, HELLLLOOOOO!!! Finally, I’ve remembered my password for here, aha. No, I’m kidding but I have unlocked my brain to finally want to get back writing on here. 2017, man – it was a rough year. I think it was a rough year for everyone but we’ve made it here to 2018, that deserves a cheer itself, horrray!
I personally like to think of it as a fresh start and in my experience with all fresh starts we need clear out the clutter. This being said I don’t just mean the clutter under your bed, I mean the clutter in you mind. The blockages that are holding you back.
With it being 65% through the month of January (is it just me or did it fly in) I’ve done a lot of thinking about what I want to leave in 2017. The trash of my mind. So here are some of the things that I want to and WILL be leaving in 2017.
- First and foremost my All or Nothing thinking – unfortunately for me, this is a case of you are either a success or a failure. This has played a major role in literally every aspect of my life. I could go on for days about how and why but I’ll talk about that another time 😛
- The habit of making excuses rather than making decisions – this kinda of relates to the second point I made about fears. I need to stop sitting on the fence and just make decisions without making excuses… get outta the comfort zone and stop procrastinating.
- Worrying about the Past – this needs to absolutely get in the bin. I’ve had such shitty experiences in my life but on the flip side I’ve had some pretty epic moments too. I find with recovering from depression and anxiety I spend too much time isolated in my own head. I can’t change these things but what I can do is stop letting them affect my present day life.
- Negative Body Talk – jeeesh, I don’t know how many times I need to tell myself this. Yes, I know I’m far from having the perfect body or anything like it but what I need to do is start realising my self-worth and how I look aren’t exclusively related. So hating myself can stay in 2017, thank you very much!
- Bad Energy – jealously, toxicity, hatred, holding grudges, relationships that are going nowhere (family, S/O, friends) – cut it from my life. The negative vibes are just attracting more negativity into my life so this can stay in 2017.
- Worrying about others opinion of me – what people think of me is none of my business. Honestly, I used to be embarrassed about starting a blog because people make fun of it so much but I enjoy it, so they can get in the bin. I look how I look and I am who I am so if anyone has a bad opinion on this they can write that opinion on a piece of paper and shove that bit of paper up their rectum.
- Last but not least, Fears – I don’t mean being scared of heights, spiders, snakes ( we’ve all experienced these in our life 😉 ) or butterflies in my case. I mean fear that riddles me with self doubt, it stops me taking chances, cutting toxicity from my life in the form of relationships, jobs whatever it may be. So as a sort of promise to myself, I pledge to leave these fears in 2017!
This is what I want to leave in 2017 and I fully intend to stick by this.
Happy 2018, mates! x